This practical, hands on course has been designed to ensure that you obtain the practical skills, confidence and micro-credentials required to work in the hospitality industry. On completion of the course you will have a set of skills in continuous demand from all sections of the industry.
Employers understand that not everyone has experience in the hospitality industry, but increasingly they are expecting new staff to have some sort of accreditation. Completing a course at PubNetwork demonstrates not only that you have acquitted the necessary skills to perform in a job, but it also proves that you are enthusiastic and willing to learn. Employers love that!
PubNetwork is highly regarded amongst employers as our learners emerge from our training equipped with the skills and confidence to work in a range of venues. Consider that the more skills you have not only increases your employment prospects, but also increases your likelihood of gaining employment in premier establishments.
PubNetwork has state of the art, custom-built facilities, with highly qualified and experienced trainers who are passionate about hospitality.
What You Will Learn
- Barista Coffee
- Food Handling
- Food Safety
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Waiting Skills
PubNetwork utilises competency-based assessment to demonstrate that you have achieved the skills and knowledge required by nationally recognised standards. To achieve competence in this course you will need to complete written assessments and skills demonstrations.
Daytime (4 weeks): 2 days per week, 9am – 4.30pm or
Evening (4 weeks): Monday – Thursday, 6.30pm – 9.30pm
*Check course listing for schedule details
On successful completion of the course you will be issued with the nationally recognised Statement(s) of Attainment:
- SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB005 – Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITXFSA001 – Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 – Participate in safe food practices
Entrance Requirements / Pre-requisites
- Learners must be 16 years of age and over at the time of course commencement.
- There are no pre-requisite units for this course.
- Learners must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend onsite learning (Department of Education and Training, Victoria).