Experience the bean to cup method. Our roasting class is designed to give you the skills to start roasting your own coffee. Join us to be part of the creation of your own signature coffee!
What You Will Learn
- Theory behind roasting
- Chemical changes that occur inside the roaster’s drum and how to apply this knowledge to your roasting practice
- Equipment operation and maintenance
- Green been selection and origins
- Recognising errors made during the roasting process
- Roasted coffee flavour profiles – degrees of roast
- Basic blending techniques
- Roast the bean of your choice from our selection of wonderful coffees, from single origin to your own unique blend
- Then make the same coffee in five different ways – espresso, drip coffee, French press, pour-over, and Turkish style
PubNetwork utilises competency-based assessment to demonstrate that you have achieved the skills and knowledge required by nationally recognised standards. As this is a non-accredited course, no assessment is applicable.
These sessions are designed to be shared by small groups, to gain a firsthand, in-depth experience in their individual coffee journeys to remember, forever.
On successful completion of the course you will be issued with a non-accredited Certificate of Participation.
Entrance Requirements / Pre-requisites
- Learners must be 16 years of age and over at the time of course commencement.
- There are no pre-requisite units for this course.
- Learners must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend onsite learning (Department of Education and Training, Victoria).