Victoria’s baristas have a global reputation for being amongst the most experienced, creative, and technical in the industry. The standards set here are often followed by the rest of the world. Victorians are immensely proud of this reputation and, as a result, coffee is a bigger part of our culture than it has ever been.
Employers and customers alike demand the best from their baristas. They must have the technical skills and product knowledge required to meet the standards of Victoria’s voracious appetite for coffee. Our trainers know this, and they are here to show you what that passion is all about. Our goal is to prepare you to become a part of this vibrant coffee industry.
The best way to learn is to get hands on with the equipment. Our purpose-built coffee training rooms are filled with industry standard coffee machines, so you will have uninterrupted access to the machines during training. You will be grinding coffee beans, texturing milk, and pouring every different type of coffee served by cafes, restaurants, and other venues around Victoria.
What You Will Learn
- Loading the group handle and tamping coffee
- Adjusting the grinder and espresso machines to achieve perfect espresso
- Milk texturing
- Pouring the coffees from the coffee menu
- Cleaning and maintain the espresso machine and grinder
PubNetwork utilises competency-based assessment to demonstrate that you have achieved the skills and knowledge required by nationally recognised standards. As this is a non-accredited course, no assessment is applicable.
On successful completion of the course you will be issued with a non-accredited Certificate of Participation.
Entrance Requirements / Pre-requisites
- Learners must be 16 years of age and over at the time of course commencement.
- There are no pre-requisite units for this course.
- Learners must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend onsite learning (Department of Education and Training, Victoria).